Which also means: more in tune with GDPR requirements
Note: This remedy also applies to all sorts of “it was working before” kind-of-a problems with Outlook 2013. Continue reading “Office 2013 Outlook crashing on you after April 2016?”
[Note: this is partially an advertisement, but very informative text on general Office365, encryption and control. It shows the kind of a compliance required by high risk environments, achievable by using third party products and Office365 as a platform]
Continue reading “Office 365: Encryption and control”
5 Office 365 admin settings you must get right
In its drive to integrate OneDrive deeply with all of its core products, Microsoft has made the open and save operations in Office 2013 a bit ponderous. If you’re already syncing your OneDrive content to the PC—or if you intend to only use local folders regardless—you can configure various Office applications to open and save files more efficiently. Here’s how. Continue reading “Office 2013 Tip: Skip the Cloud Integration”
Can you really trust Office 365? How transparent is the overall Office 365 operation?
Moving to a cloud service shouldn’t mean losing access to knowing what’s going on. With Office 365, it doesn’t. We aim to be transparent in our operations so you can monitor the state of your service, track issues and have the historical view of availability. Continue reading “How transparent is the overall Office 365 operation?”
Can you really trust Office 365? How is Office 365 Compliant?
Office 365 is a global service and continuous compliance refers to Microsoft’s commitment to evolve the Office 365 controls and stay up to date with standards and regulations that apply to your industry and geography. We get lots of questions from our customers on controls and compliance, the purpose of this post is to surface some of the features and controls present to give our customers full peace of mind.
Office 365 provides admin and user controls, including eDiscovery, legal hold, and data loss prevention, to help you meet internal compliance requirements. These require no additional on-premises infrastructure to use.
- Microsoft Office 365 is verified to meet requirements specified in ISO 27001, EU model clauses, HIPAA BAA, and FISMA.
- Our data processing agreement details privacy, security, and handling of customer data, which helps you comply with local regulations.
Proactive approach to regulatory compliance
- Microsoft have built over 900 controls in the Office 365 compliance framework that enable us to stay up to date with the ever-evolving industry standards.
- A specialist compliance team is continuously tracking standards and regulations, developing common control sets for our product team to build into the service.
Customer controls for organisational compliance
- Legal hold and eDiscovery built into the service help you find, preserve, analyse, and package electronic content (often referred to as electronically stored information or ESI) for a legal request or investigation. Privacy controls allow you to configure who in your organization has access and what they can access. The Silver Cloud are experts in these features and are able to support all Premier Support customers with discovering them.
- Data loss prevention in Office 365 helps you identify, monitor, and protect sensitive information in your organisation through deep content analysis.